M&S runs live video chat on Facebook with Joanna Lumley
Marks & Spencer is running a real-time Q&A session with Joanna Lumley on Facebook today (18 June) to answer questions on its "shwopping" initiative.
The live stream will be broadcast on the M&S Facebook page and will allow the public to ask Lumley questions in real-time by commenting below the video.
M&S claims that since launching the Shwopping scheme six weeks ago it has donated half a million used and unwanted items, equivalent to eight items a minute, to Oxfam for re-sale, re-use or recycling.
The retailer is asking its customers to exchange unwanted items of clothing of any brand when buying a new garment of clothing in its stores.
Lumley was hired by M&S to front the campaign, which falls under the brand’s Plan A corporate social responsibility drive.
M&S will attempt to reach a million "shwopped" items before the campaign hits the two month mark with a money-off event in stores this weekend, which will give away a £5 voucher to customers who "shwop" when spending £35 or more in-store.
Today's live video chat with 'Absolutely Fabulous' star Lumley will last for 30 minutes and begin at 12.30pm.
The retailer has also surveyed 2,200 consumers via YouGov about their recycling habits, which found one in five people have thrown away an item after wearing it just once.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Executive or Marketing Manager air recruitment £28k-£35k dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- B2B Lead Generation Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £20000 - £40000 per annum + Uncapped Commission, London
- Out of Home Sales - Huge digital potential! Ultimate Asset £20000 - £75000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Planning Manager - Unique Opportunity! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits, London
- Comms Manager - Top 5 global media agency - GAMING ACCOUNT Ultimate Asset £4000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- The man who made Grey matter
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign