VIDEO: YouTube's Bateson says participation is key to digital career success
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 18 June 2012 11:00AM
Anna Bateson, marketing director, YouTube, has said that for people wanting to break into the digital or marketing industry today, they must be 'taking part and not an observer'
‘Be persistent, really understand the company you are going to see because there is no excuse not to be informed and use tools you are talking about and ultimately you are going to be using.’
‘You should be uploading videos to YouTube, blogging use Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.’
‘I think it is not enough to be an observer, you have to be you have to be taking part,’ she said.
‘It is a pre requisite that you are engaged and living it and living it as well as talking about it.’
She says the best piece of advice she has been given is ‘don’t feel you have to rush at your career’
‘Sometimes taking a longer view can be much more sensible,’ she says.
Video produced by Georgina Brazier.
Follow the producer team on Twitter @BRProducers
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton £35 - £36 per annum, Leeds