VIDEO: YouTube's Bateson says participation is key to digital career success
Anna Bateson, marketing director, YouTube, has said that for people wanting to break into the digital or marketing industry today, they must be 'taking part and not an observer'
‘Be persistent, really understand the company you are going to see because there is no excuse not to be informed and use tools you are talking about and ultimately you are going to be using.’
‘You should be uploading videos to YouTube, blogging use Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.’
‘I think it is not enough to be an observer, you have to be you have to be taking part,’ she said.
‘It is a pre requisite that you are engaged and living it and living it as well as talking about it.’
She says the best piece of advice she has been given is ‘don’t feel you have to rush at your career’
‘Sometimes taking a longer view can be much more sensible,’ she says.
Video produced by Georgina Brazier.
Follow the producer team on Twitter @BRProducers
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Data Analyst Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Lead Data Planning Consultant Direct Recruitment £85,000 - £100,000, London
- Senior Data Planner Direct Recruitment £55,000, East London
- Senior CRM & Insight Analyst Direct Recruitment £75,000 +, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- Partners Andrews Aldridge restructures creative with hires and promotions
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition