Initiative appoints Bresseel as G14 president
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 18 June 2012 01:04PM
Initiative has hired Marc Bresseel from Microsoft Advertising as president of its G14 region, which includes the UK.
Bresseel, who joins in September and will be based at Initiative's London office, will be responsible for driving business growth across Initiative's G14 markets, comprising France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Russia, Japan, Spain, UK, Australia, China, India, Brazil and Mexico.
He replaces Eric Bader, who left the role earlier this year. At Microsoft Advertising, Bresseel was vice-president of global marketing and was responsible for leading the company's brand strategy and developing its strategic partnerships around the world.
He will work directly with the leaders of all the markets in the cluster, to drive the network's performance-led communications product and to deliver business results for clients.
Bresseel will report to Jim Hytner, worldwide chief executive of Initiative, and will be supported by G14's worldwide managing director, Alain Diamond, who was appointed in July last year.
As a member of Initiative's worldwide leadership team, Bresseel will also work alongside the other worldwide leaders towards Initiative's development as a global communications network.
Hytner said: "Marc will be a superb addition to our worldwide leadership. He has spent many years leading markets, running regional and global businesses, and has been at the forefront of digital marketing. His skills and experience will be invaluable to us as we seek to deliver more effective solutions for our clients and drive business growth in our key markets around the network.
Mediabrands, owner of the UM and Initiative agency networks, created its new global structure in March 2011, streamlining its global operations from four divisions into three. Operating units for North America, Europe Middle East and Africa, Latin America and Asia Pacific were divided into North America, the G14 and "world markets".
Bresseel's earlier career included a stint as vice-president of global agencies at Microsoft Advertising, before which he was general manager of sales and marketing of Microsoft Advertising EMEA, where, Initiative says, he led the region to growth levels double that of the rest of the market.
He joined Microsoft in 1996 as corporate communications manager for Microsoft Benelux.
Follow Nick Batten on Twitter @NickBatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Account Manager - Design & Marketing Agency ADLIB £ Competitive, Hampshire
- Marketing Executive - Cloud Marketing & Lead Capture Software Recruitment Revolution Up to £25,000 (DOE) + Benefits, Portsmouth, Hampshire
- Marketing Data Analyst - CRM / eCRM ADLIB £Competitive, Bath
- Brand Strategy Consultant Rare Selection £30 - £40K + excellent benefits incl pension, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Executive, Top branding and design agency Gabriele Skelton £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'