Cannes 2012: OgilvyOne picks up Silver Direct Lion
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 18 June 2012 08:30PM
The UK only managed to pick up one single paltry Silver Direct Lion at the 2012 Cannes Festival of Creativity.
While the win, for Ogilvy Worldwide’s "the gnome experiment" on behalf of Kern & Sohn, was an improvement on last year where UK agencies failed to win a single Lion, it still indicates that much needs to be done in a category that saw the USA pick up the Grand Prix and three Gold Lions.
Crispin Porter & Bogusky Boulder continued its winning spree picking up the Grand Prix for "small business gets an official day" for American Express, which also awarded the top prize from the Promo & Activation Jury.
The other US Gold winners were Leo Burnett Detroit "book burning party" for Troy Public Library, "Coca-Cola Polar Bowl" from Wieden & Kennedy Portland for Coca-Cola and "help I want to save a life" for Help Remedies bandages by Droga5 New York.
Italy also picked up three Golds and Germany was handed two with France and Netherlands winning one apiece, showing that the problem is not necessarily a pan-European one. The other individual Golds went to South Korea, Australia, Guatemala and Israel.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Digital Media Manager Lynda Up to £50,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Campaigns Officer - Leading MS Charity CHM Competitive Salary, NW London
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Notonthehighstreet sponsors London Underground 'baby on board' badge
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Has JCDecaux chosen the wrong time to abandon its trade body?
- Mother backs new integrated agency The Romans
- The Sun cuts topless models on Page 3