Glue Isobar launches Nowlab innovation unit
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 19 June 2012 10:43AM
Glue Isobar has launched an innovation lab in the UK called Isobar Nowlab in an attempt to harness the potential of new technology.
Nowlab will extend to other Isobar UK divisions including Isobar Mobile and Isobar Social, and will follow the global model, which involves a partnership with MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) Media Lab.
The four key areas of focus are "making things", "thought leadership", "knowledge share" and "events".
Early projects have included Isobar Create London, a 36-hour near field communications (NFC) "hackathon", in partnership with O2, that brought together developers and designers.
Glue Isobar also launched a Google Hangout for Dulux at the Grand Designs Live exhibition, which it claimed was the first Google Hangout for the DIY sector.
Other global projects by Isobar Nowlab include an interactive retail installation for Reebok in the US, and sponsorship of the Innovasia Zone at Spikes Asia, a creative advertising festival held in Asia.
Dom O'Brien, head of innovation at Glue Isobar, said: "Isobar Nowlab is an initiative designed to accelerate understanding and explore how technology can be harnessed to connect people and brands in new ways.
"Nowlab isn't about technological stargazing, it's about exploring and acting on what's possible today."
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- SAM Twist Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Senior Digital Consultant - Award Winning PR Agency - Big Brands, Central London Capstone Hill Search £65,000 , W1G 0PW, London (Greater)
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £100000 per annum + significant benefits , London
- Account Manager/Client Manager - Data Heavy Brand Recruitment £26000 - £32000 per annum + plus benefits, Aylesbury
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- Vizeum retains £14m AB InBev in the UK and adds European markets
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool