Tesco overhauls YouTube presence in social strategy rethink
Tesco is looking to introduce a 'coherent', unified social-media strategy, beginning with the launch of its first integrated YouTube channel.
The retailer has hired digital agency Zone to help simplify its presence on YouTube, where it has several channels focusing on different areas of the business.
Its ‘Tesco.com TV’ channel launched in 2007; since then, only about 30 videos have been added. Channels such as ‘Tesco Greener Living’ and ‘Tesco Mobile Network’ were last updated in 2010.
Only the supermarket’s recipe ideas channel, ‘Tesco Real Food’, has been consistently updated, with nearly 250 videos added since July 2010, while the ‘Tesco Magazine’ channel has been updated more than 100 times in the same period.
The content will be integrated in a channel to launch later this summer, with content production handled centrally by Zone.
It is understood that the aim is to apply the same rigour to Tesco’s presence across social-media platforms.
On Facebook, Tesco has more than 800,000 ‘likes’ and recently launched its first social games. On Twitter, it operates six feeds; its most popular, @UKTescoOffers, has about 32,000 followers.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford
- Market Insight & Reporting Manager Michael Page Digital £42800 - £50300 per annum, London
- Senior Display, Social and Mobile Manager Michael Page Digital £75000 - £78000 per annum, Middlesex
- Designer - Stunning Agency - Central London - c£40k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£40k, Central London