Grayling brings in Craig Ling amid property bounce
By John Owens, prweek.com, Tuesday, 19 June 2012 09:51AM
Grayling Public Affairs has brought in senior-level consultant Craig Ling to strengthen its campaigning, consultation and planning offer amid reports of a rebounding property market.
Ling joins Grayling from national disability charity Scope, where as head of campaigns he oversaw the ‘Hardest Hit’ campaign around changes to the disability living allowance.
The campaign culminated in what was reported to be the largest public protest by disabled people in UK history.
Ling is also a former Liberal Democrat trade and industry parliamentary policy adviser and has worked extensively on domestic political campaigns for a number of Liberal Democrat cabinet ministers, including Energy Secretary Ed Davey.
Ling will work on a number of clients within the energy and property sectors including National Grid, ABB and Barwood Developments and will report to associate director Alan Boyd-Hall.
Boyd-Hall, who heads up Grayling Public Affairs’ planning and consultation team, said that Ling’s Lib Dem credentials helped give balance to a team that currently had a good Labour and Conservative showing.
Pointing to recent work by the team around a large site in Banbury set for manufacturing and distribution development, he added:
'More and more of what we do is in the property and planning sector and with his local government knowledge Craig is easily able to turn his hand to planning and community relations as well as lobbying work.
‘While we have a number of Westminster-facing clients here we’re getting a lot more planning-related projects, and it is getting back to where it was four or five years ago. Sites had been mothballed but there’s more confidence in the market so we’re seeing a lot more development and there seems to be the view that now is the right time to begin work.’
This article was first published on prweek.com
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Freelance Account Manager for award winning integrated agency! Zebra People £180 - £220 per day, East London
- Product Strategist Dyson Undisclosed, Malmesbury, Wiltshire
- Motion Graphic designer (with Flash Experience) Digital Gurus £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Senior UX Designer - Global Agency - £50K-£60K Digital Gurus £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard
- Watch: The Economist's interactive Nelson Mandela film