Fetch Media hires Bigmouthmedia founder Steve Leach as chairman
By Sarah Shearman, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 19 June 2012 11:11AM
Fetch Media, the mobile agency, has brought in Bigmouthmedia founder Steve Leach in the newly created role of chairman.
Leach will work alongside Fetch co-founder and managing director James Connelly and co-founder Declan Reddington, to drive business growth and strategy for the agency.
Leach will keep his chairman roles at digital agency the Outside Line and start-up IQ Chocolate.
He founded the Scotland-based search marketing agency 15 years ago with Heather Luscombe and held the role of executive chairman for a year, before leaving in 2010, after the company merged with LBi International.
Prior to Bigmouth, Leach co-founded web analytics company Hitdynamics.
Leach told Media Week that he would be taking a "hands-on approach" to the role, drawing on his experience at of growing the Bigmouth business.
He said: "The most pressing challenge for Fetch is international expansion. There is huge demand for Fetch from both clients and the industry, and it has to ensure it is geographically located where it needs to be.'
Reddington said Leach's "trailblazing experience" and "astute investment" would help the company provide "a truly global offering" for its clients with "all the strategic, data and analytical tools and senior specialists necessary".
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Brand Marketing Manager Brand Recruitment £30000 per annum + plus benefits, Norfolk
- Campaign Manager VMA Group £38,000, 5% flexible benefit, 5% on target bonus and 6% pension, London (Greater) / Basingstoke, Hampshire
- Senior Experience/Digital Designer Red Sofa London £40000 - £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Project Manager / Business Analyst - Web Projects ADLIB £35000 - £40000 per annum, South West England / Somerset / Wiltshire
- Account Manager Brand Recruitment £25000 - £32000 per annum, Cambridgeshire
- Brands make the most of Germany's dramatic victory over Brazil
- Singapore anti-gambling ad slammed on Twitter after picking a winner
- Guardian plotting English language launch in India
- Guardian News & Media reduces losses by 27% to £19.4m
- National Trust launches debut TV campaign
- Metcalfe's set to release quirky debut TV ad