Fetch Media hires Bigmouthmedia founder Steve Leach as chairman
By Sarah Shearman, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 19 June 2012 11:11AM
Fetch Media, the mobile agency, has brought in Bigmouthmedia founder Steve Leach in the newly created role of chairman.
Leach will work alongside Fetch co-founder and managing director James Connelly and co-founder Declan Reddington, to drive business growth and strategy for the agency.
Leach will keep his chairman roles at digital agency the Outside Line and start-up IQ Chocolate.
He founded the Scotland-based search marketing agency 15 years ago with Heather Luscombe and held the role of executive chairman for a year, before leaving in 2010, after the company merged with LBi International.
Prior to Bigmouth, Leach co-founded web analytics company Hitdynamics.
Leach told Media Week that he would be taking a "hands-on approach" to the role, drawing on his experience at of growing the Bigmouth business.
He said: "The most pressing challenge for Fetch is international expansion. There is huge demand for Fetch from both clients and the industry, and it has to ensure it is geographically located where it needs to be.'
Reddington said Leach's "trailblazing experience" and "astute investment" would help the company provide "a truly global offering" for its clients with "all the strategic, data and analytical tools and senior specialists necessary".
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Mid-Senior Copywriter | contract | leading mobile application Salt £200 - £300 per day, City of London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £30000 - £37000 per annum + competitive compensation & benefits packge, London
- Publisher Director Ultimate Asset £50000 - £60000 per annum + bonus and benefits , London
- SEO Account Manager Premier Media £30,000 - £35,000, London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- Halifax releases 'holiday dad' campaign