Paddy Power puts traditional Ukrainian clay pipe in spotlight
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 20 June 2012 08:59AM
Paddy Power is poking fun at a traditional Ukrainian clay pipe in the latest instalment of its Euro 2012 themed spots for the 'We Hear You" campaign.
The television ad features a giant zozulica instrument being placed on top of a car after a punter expresses concern that the giant vuvuzela from the previous campaign could be banned.
Paddy Power's previous "vuvutruck" execution was itself a reaction to a customer's Facebook post, which pointed out that the vuvuzela instrument that was the mainstay of the World Cup in South Africa had been banned from Euro 2012.
The campaign was created by Crispin Porter + Bogusky and features a voiceover stating, ‘" Well, it would be a sad day Matt if a laugh were against the law".
The ad launches today (20 June) amid controversy over Denmark striker Nicklas Bendtner being fined €100,000 for flashing underpants featuring Paddy Power branding, after he scored against Portugal.
Paddy Power filmed both the vuvuzela and zozulica execution at the same time, in anticipation of someone commenting on its Facebook page about the possibility of the giant vuvuzela in the first ad being banned.
Ads in the 'We Hear You" campaign are all based on genuine comments made on Paddy Power's Facebook page.
Paddy Power chose to poke fun at the zozulica after being amused by stories of companies in Poland and Ukraine attempting to market the Zozulica as Euro 2012's alternative to the vuvuzela.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UK Marketing Communications Adam Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Manchester
- Associate Marketing Director (Global Education) - Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package , Chichester, West Sussex
- Senior PR Account Executive AF Selection £22000 - £23000 per annum, Manchester
- Digital Project Manager. #WEBBUILDS #MOBILEAPPS #TABLETAPPS Creative Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 p.a., South East England
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- The man who made Grey matter