Cannes 2012: DLKW Lowe wins Gold Lion in Mobile category
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 19 June 2012 08:30PM
DLKW Lowe was the only UK agency to land a Gold Lion in the inaugural Mobile category at Cannes this year. DLKW Lowe was the only UK agency to land a Gold Lion in the inaugural Mobile category at Cannes this year.
The agency scooped the award for its Microloan Foundation work "pennies for life" which allows people to donate to the charity via their mobiles.
The Grand Prix went to the Google "hilltop reimagined for Coca Cola" work by Grow Interactive/Johannes Leonardo New York, which enables consumers to buy a Coke for people around the word via their mobile phones.
Other UK winners were Red Bee Media, which picked up a Bronze for its Fox "walkers kill count" work promoting The Walking Dead TV series, and Brothers and Sisters which won Bronze for its Channel 4 "street tag" work.
Bronzes also went to AKQA’s "MTV under the thumb" work for Viacom MTV and Movement London for its Coca Cola "move to the beat" work.
The category was dominated by US agencies which picked up two Gold Lions, along with the Grand Prix, clocking up a total of 13 Lions out of 54 awarded.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Senior Digital Designer Creative Recruitment £50000 per annum, Berkshire
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show