Professor Green to star in first TV ad for Relentless
Relentless Energy Drink is launching its first TV marketing campaign this summer, starring rapper Professor Green, its newly appointed brand ambassador.
Green, who was named Relentless’s brand ambassador at the start of June this year, will be shown performing on stage in front of fans at an intimate gig for the ad.
Relentless’s previous marketing activity used four brand ambassadors – jiu-jitsu champion Roger Gracie, street dancer Zoe Green, BMXer Mark Webb and guitarist Stephen Carter from the band Gallows, as part of its "Virtues" activity, which included a cinema ad.
Green’s appointment signalled further commitment by Coca-Cola to its music-based activity, following on from Coke’s global campaign featuring DJ Mark Ronson and singer Katy B.
Bob Workman, vice president, brand partnerships, EMI Music UK, said: "A combination of Professor Green's artistic attitude and personality, as well as his incredible ability to engage with fans of all persuasions has made this exciting partnership possible.
"Both Professor Green and Relentless Energy Drink have such a strong sense of who they are and the cutting edge creative that Relentless Energy Drink bring to the table forms an amazing backdrop for showcasing Professor Green's music."
Green will be involved in a number of projects for Relentless running throughout 2012.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- New Business Director Dynamic New Alliances £80000.00 per annum, City of London