Professor Green to star in first TV ad for Relentless
Relentless Energy Drink is launching its first TV marketing campaign this summer, starring rapper Professor Green, its newly appointed brand ambassador.
Green, who was named Relentless’s brand ambassador at the start of June this year, will be shown performing on stage in front of fans at an intimate gig for the ad.
Relentless’s previous marketing activity used four brand ambassadors – jiu-jitsu champion Roger Gracie, street dancer Zoe Green, BMXer Mark Webb and guitarist Stephen Carter from the band Gallows, as part of its "Virtues" activity, which included a cinema ad.
Green’s appointment signalled further commitment by Coca-Cola to its music-based activity, following on from Coke’s global campaign featuring DJ Mark Ronson and singer Katy B.
Bob Workman, vice president, brand partnerships, EMI Music UK, said: "A combination of Professor Green's artistic attitude and personality, as well as his incredible ability to engage with fans of all persuasions has made this exciting partnership possible.
"Both Professor Green and Relentless Energy Drink have such a strong sense of who they are and the cutting edge creative that Relentless Energy Drink bring to the table forms an amazing backdrop for showcasing Professor Green's music."
Green will be involved in a number of projects for Relentless running throughout 2012.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Web Manager Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief