VisitBritain and BA plot £5m post-Olympics campaign
VisitBritain and British Airways are plotting a £5m post-Olympics campaign to run under the tourism body's 'Great Britain' messaging.
The campaign will launch in September will and run across TV, cinema, digital and outdoor.
VisitBritain is expecting a surge in visitor numbers this summer and is hoping to maintain a steady flow of visitor numbers after the Olympics.
The tourism body aims to use a number of one-off events and occasions to draw attention to the UK, including the 50th anniversary of fictional character 'James Bond' and the upcoming Bond film 'Skyfall', along with the anniversary of The Beatles and The Rolling Stones first becoming popular in America.
VisitBritain this week announced British sport as the last of the seven "pillars" of its marketing plan, with the release of three new films inviting consumers to the UK, featuring Lennox Lewis, Colin Montgomery and Boris Becker.
Sport sits alongside the "pillars" of culture, heritage, music, shopping, food and countryside.
The marketing will champion British sport after the Olympics, from the Ryder Cup to the Rugby League World Cup, and intends to use its current partnership with the Barclays Premier League.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Sales Manager - Exhibitions - London tfconnect global recruitment £33,000 - £35,000 plus £3,750 car allowance + 25% bonus, London (Greater)
- PR Account Executive/Senior Account Executive Brand Recruitment £19000 - £25000 per annum, Aylesbury
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad