Cannes 2012: Sorrell prepares to debate the importance of live events
Sir Martin Sorrell, chief executive of WPP, will be joined by Lord Sebastian Coe and Brazilian footballer Ronaldo on stage at Cannes Lions tomorrow for his annual debate, which this year focuses on the importance of live events.
In an insight into what will be setting Twitter alight and making industry headlines tomorrow, Sorrell provides a brief overview of some of the key topics on the agenda in the quadrennial year of 2012, when Lord Coe and the UK host the Olympics
The power of traditional linear television is set to be underlined, as event TV once again reasserts itself over its time-shifted, or personalised viewing schedules.
Sorrell said: "Paradoxically, post-Lehman, we thought TV might subside in importance, but this will be the importance of old screens and new screens in terms of live events.
"We’ll talk about there was a tender by agencies to buy the Olympics. We’ll talk about politics and sport, we’ll talk about sponsorship, we’ll talk about the scale of the audiences, and why there is more money chasing fewer of these events.
"We’re talking about the two most powerful sporting events on the planet and why they are important, and how they are going to change in the digital environment."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London