Cannes 2012: Sorrell prepares to debate the importance of live events
Sir Martin Sorrell, chief executive of WPP, will be joined by Lord Sebastian Coe and Brazilian footballer Ronaldo on stage at Cannes Lions tomorrow for his annual debate, which this year focuses on the importance of live events.
In an insight into what will be setting Twitter alight and making industry headlines tomorrow, Sorrell provides a brief overview of some of the key topics on the agenda in the quadrennial year of 2012, when Lord Coe and the UK host the Olympics
The power of traditional linear television is set to be underlined, as event TV once again reasserts itself over its time-shifted, or personalised viewing schedules.
Sorrell said: "Paradoxically, post-Lehman, we thought TV might subside in importance, but this will be the importance of old screens and new screens in terms of live events.
"We’ll talk about there was a tender by agencies to buy the Olympics. We’ll talk about politics and sport, we’ll talk about sponsorship, we’ll talk about the scale of the audiences, and why there is more money chasing fewer of these events.
"We’re talking about the two most powerful sporting events on the planet and why they are important, and how they are going to change in the digital environment."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager Brand Recruitment £25000 per annum + bonus and benefits scheme, Norfolk
- #Digital #Designer Required | Permanent | West London | Salt £35000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant