Coke and Burger King invite customers to mix their own drinks
Coca-Cola and Burger King are rolling out drink machines that let customers create their own flavours, mixed from more than 100 sparking and still brands.
Coke's Freestyle drinks machines allow customers to create their own soft drinks. They have proved a hit in the US and will now be rolled out in selected Burger King outlets in the UK.
The touch-screen machines have been designed in collaboration with Italian automotive company Pininfarina. They let consumers select one of Coca-Cola's soft drink brands and mix it with new flavours.
Coke claims consumers will have the choice of more than 100 sparkling and still brands, from Fanta to Coke to Sprite, with flavours such as cherry, vanilla, raspberry and peach, among others.
The machines will be introduced into 16 Burger King outlets in Greater London from the end of June until December, following a partnership between the two brands in the US.
Coke will use the trial period to assess consumer reaction to the machines and future potential opportunities for the product within the UK market.
Piers Skinner, director of customer management, Coca-Cola Great Britain & Ireland, said: "We are looking forward to trialling Coca-Cola Freestyle in partnership with Burger King UK and seeing consumer reaction to this new innovation.
"For more than 125 years Coca-Cola has sought to enhance consumer choice and experiences and today’s announcement is the latest example of that."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- DIGITAL STRATEGY MANAGER - INTEGRATED MARKETING AGENCY Live Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, East Midlands
- Account Director - International - Video Tech Business Ultimate Asset £50000 - £60000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- DIGITAL ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - MEDICAL COMMUNICATIONS AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, Berkshire
- CRM Executive - £30k - London Salt £25000 - £30000 per annum + bens, London