VIDEO: 'Trust your instincts' says Samsung's Garrihy
Matthew Garrihy, UK marketing director, Samsung Electronics said that in order to succeed in the marketing industry, one should always "trust your instincts, always focus on the customer."
He offered a three-tiered approach when asked about giving advice to graduates, saying that one should "keep it really simple, love your job" and "be passionate about what you do."
He went on to say that the biggest challenge for Samsung was to maintain its leadership position as "an open and inviting brand, and a brand at the cutting edge of design and innovation."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Designer Purple Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- HR Manager Dynamic New Alliances £40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Creative Director Purple Consultancy £100000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Realisation Manager Purple Consultancy £45000 per annum, Essex
- 8 things I learnt as an IPA ad student
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film