VIDEO: 'Trust your instincts' says Samsung's Garrihy
Matthew Garrihy, UK marketing director, Samsung Electronics said that in order to succeed in the marketing industry, one should always "trust your instincts, always focus on the customer."
He offered a three-tiered approach when asked about giving advice to graduates, saying that one should "keep it really simple, love your job" and "be passionate about what you do."
He went on to say that the biggest challenge for Samsung was to maintain its leadership position as "an open and inviting brand, and a brand at the cutting edge of design and innovation."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Social Media Manager/Director Pitch Consultants £Highly competitive + benefits, Leicestershire
- Senior Online Trading/Commercial Manager Pitch Consultants £Highly competitive + benefits, Leicestershire
- Video Sales Account Manager Salt £35 - £45 per annum + Com, City of London
- Senior Planner Buyer Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East England
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne