VIDEO: 'Trust your instincts' says Samsung's Garrihy
Matthew Garrihy, UK marketing director, Samsung Electronics said that in order to succeed in the marketing industry, one should always "trust your instincts, always focus on the customer."
He offered a three-tiered approach when asked about giving advice to graduates, saying that one should "keep it really simple, love your job" and "be passionate about what you do."
He went on to say that the biggest challenge for Samsung was to maintain its leadership position as "an open and inviting brand, and a brand at the cutting edge of design and innovation."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Account Manager (ALL MEDIA) Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Planner Dot-Gap Competitive, London (Greater)
- Affiliate Account Manager Dot-Gap £25k , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Media Operations Executive Dot-Gap £25k , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director: Liverpool Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Liverpool
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne