Unofficial Rolex page is top for brand engagement on Facebook
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 22 June 2012 09:30AM
Rolex was the most engaged with brand among UK Facebook users in May, despite not having an official brand page, according to the latest data from performance marketing agency iProspect.
The iProspect Engagement Index, shared exclusively with Marketing, shows the level to which people interact with brands on Facebook.
PG Tips scored 7.7% in May, while Rolex managed 10.8%, the highest among the 250 brands measured for the research, thanks to the unofficial Rolex Watches page.
This indicates that about one in 10 fans had actively responded to a page in the previous seven days, either by liking, commenting, posting, responding to polls, or sending RSVPs.
Coming in a close second was Thomas Cook, with an engagement level of 10.1%, followed by Warburtons at 9.1% and Bosch at 8.6%.
Other brands in the top 10 include the Royal Albert Hall, Stella Artois, O2, Audi and Bentley.
Phillip Dyte, paid social media planner, at iProspect, said that should Rolex move into the social space, it would have a "ready made audience" for it.
He said: "The top 10 shows that marketers are yet to master consistent engagement of their audiences. If brands continue to use social media in a mainly event-driven way, switching on and off per campaign, then it is likely that this will continue."
The agency attributed PG Tips' high engagement rate in February to a Valentine's Day campaign it ran on the social network. Dyte said that in order for brands to keep engagement levels consistent, they should be adopting an "always on" strategy.
|Top UK Brand pages (10K+ Fans)|
|Royal Albert Hall||38,723||8.0%|
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £43,000 per annum, London (Greater), South East England
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show