Cannes 2012: Film shortlist includes 18 UK agencies
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 22 June 2012 09:25AM
UK agencies put in an impressive showing on the Film Lions shortlist this year, with BBH and AMV leading the list of 18 UK shops that scooped a total of 34 nominations.
Bartle Bogle Hegarty led the charge with a total of 10 shortlisted entries, including its Guardian "three little pigs" spot, Barnardo’s "life story", Yeo Valley "boyband", Weetabix "big day", and six executions in its Axe/Lynx work, including "chain" and "party girl".
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO followed with five shortlisted entries, comprising Doritos "dip desperado" and Snickers "Joan Collins", Guinness "St Patrick’s Day" and two nominations for Cancer Research "the answer is plain".
Adam & Eve got shortlisted for its John Lewis Christmas spot "the long wait", while Wieden+Kennedy was listed for Lurpak "rainbow".
Saatchi & Saatchi got two nominations for its Wall’s spots, as did JWT CheethamBell Manchester for its John West Tuna work. Ogilvy & Mather also got two nominations for its work for MTV and Bite-Back Shark and Marine Conservation.
DDB made the list for its Harvey Nicols "walk of shame" spot, Euro RSCG for its Durex spot, DKLW Lowe for its Omo film, Rattling Stick for Nike Free Run, 101 for Avios "fly", Mother for Match.com "ukulele", Fallon for Orange "security", and Dare for its Old Speckled Hen work.
Other nominated shops comprised New Haven Comminations in Edinburgh, for Bawbags, Gorgeous for its Greenpeace work and Across the Pond London for its Google film.
The category was again dominated by the US, with a total of 75 nominations out of 257 entries.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Strategy Lead MCG Associates Attractive Tax Free Salary, New York (State) (US)
- Account Executive AF Selection £18,000 - £22,000, Warwickshire
- Senior Sales Executive- Fashion & Beauty Video Ultimate Asset £27000 - £35000 per annum + commission and benefits , City of London
- Sales Manager - Ad-tech, Content, Video and Programmatic Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London