Cannes 2012: Film shortlist includes 18 UK agencies
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 22 June 2012 09:25AM
UK agencies put in an impressive showing on the Film Lions shortlist this year, with BBH and AMV leading the list of 18 UK shops that scooped a total of 34 nominations.
Bartle Bogle Hegarty led the charge with a total of 10 shortlisted entries, including its Guardian "three little pigs" spot, Barnardo’s "life story", Yeo Valley "boyband", Weetabix "big day", and six executions in its Axe/Lynx work, including "chain" and "party girl".
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO followed with five shortlisted entries, comprising Doritos "dip desperado" and Snickers "Joan Collins", Guinness "St Patrick’s Day" and two nominations for Cancer Research "the answer is plain".
Adam & Eve got shortlisted for its John Lewis Christmas spot "the long wait", while Wieden+Kennedy was listed for Lurpak "rainbow".
Saatchi & Saatchi got two nominations for its Wall’s spots, as did JWT CheethamBell Manchester for its John West Tuna work. Ogilvy & Mather also got two nominations for its work for MTV and Bite-Back Shark and Marine Conservation.
DDB made the list for its Harvey Nicols "walk of shame" spot, Euro RSCG for its Durex spot, DKLW Lowe for its Omo film, Rattling Stick for Nike Free Run, 101 for Avios "fly", Mother for Match.com "ukulele", Fallon for Orange "security", and Dare for its Old Speckled Hen work.
Other nominated shops comprised New Haven Comminations in Edinburgh, for Bawbags, Gorgeous for its Greenpeace work and Across the Pond London for its Google film.
The category was again dominated by the US, with a total of 75 nominations out of 257 entries.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Performance Manager Aspire £30000 - £40000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Business Director Dot-Gap £70k, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief
- Phones4u goes into administration