Virgin Atlantic poaches BBC's Simon Lloyd for top marketing role
Virgin Atlantic has appointed former BBC marketer Simon Lloyd as its marketing director, ending the airline's six-month search, triggered by the departure of Paul Dickinson.
Lloyd joins the airline from his position as director of media engagement, marketing and audiences at the BBC.
He will report directly into Julie Southern, Virgin Atlantic's chief commercial officer. He begins his job on 10 July.
Dickinson, who led the airline’s £10m global marketing campaign under the strapline, "You’re airline’s either got it or it hasn’t," and the iconic 'Still Red Hot' 25th anniversary campaign, has taken up a new role at Christie’s auction house.
Lloyd has most recently been responsible for the distribution of all BBC marketing content across its platforms, from digital to TV, radio, events and shows, and was also responsible for the strategic marketing and brand leadership of BBC Sport, Radio 5Live, Children's and Learning.
Prior to this, Lloyd was the marketing director for the BBC Future Media and Digital division, which he took up after senior marketing roles at Palm, 118118 and Nokia.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Account Director > ATL > TOP LONDON AGENCY collectivo £55,000 - £65,000, London
- planner > HUGE opportunity > BRAVE client collectivo Up to £60,000 + benefits, London (Greater)
- Foodie Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Project Manager (senior) Corporate Communications Recruitment circa £55k, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Consultant Corporate Communications Recruitment £70-£80k base plus bonus and package, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham