Virgin Atlantic poaches BBC's Simon Lloyd for top marketing role
Virgin Atlantic has appointed former BBC marketer Simon Lloyd as its marketing director, ending the airline's six-month search, triggered by the departure of Paul Dickinson.
Lloyd joins the airline from his position as director of media engagement, marketing and audiences at the BBC.
He will report directly into Julie Southern, Virgin Atlantic's chief commercial officer. He begins his job on 10 July.
Dickinson, who led the airline’s £10m global marketing campaign under the strapline, "You’re airline’s either got it or it hasn’t," and the iconic 'Still Red Hot' 25th anniversary campaign, has taken up a new role at Christie’s auction house.
Lloyd has most recently been responsible for the distribution of all BBC marketing content across its platforms, from digital to TV, radio, events and shows, and was also responsible for the strategic marketing and brand leadership of BBC Sport, Radio 5Live, Children's and Learning.
Prior to this, Lloyd was the marketing director for the BBC Future Media and Digital division, which he took up after senior marketing roles at Palm, 118118 and Nokia.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Category Insight Manager - FMCG Jarlett de Grouchy £35000 - £38000 per annum + £5k Car Allowance + Benefits, Bracknell
- Senior Designer Contract Zebra People £350 per day, City of London
- Head of Social Media - leading advertising agency The Great & The Good £50,000 to £60,000 per annum plus benefits, Beautiful offices in central London
- Global Digital Brand Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + other benefits , Slough
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart