Virgin Atlantic poaches BBC's Simon Lloyd for top marketing role
Virgin Atlantic has appointed former BBC marketer Simon Lloyd as its marketing director, ending the airline's six-month search, triggered by the departure of Paul Dickinson.
Lloyd joins the airline from his position as director of media engagement, marketing and audiences at the BBC.
He will report directly into Julie Southern, Virgin Atlantic's chief commercial officer. He begins his job on 10 July.
Dickinson, who led the airline’s £10m global marketing campaign under the strapline, "You’re airline’s either got it or it hasn’t," and the iconic 'Still Red Hot' 25th anniversary campaign, has taken up a new role at Christie’s auction house.
Lloyd has most recently been responsible for the distribution of all BBC marketing content across its platforms, from digital to TV, radio, events and shows, and was also responsible for the strategic marketing and brand leadership of BBC Sport, Radio 5Live, Children's and Learning.
Prior to this, Lloyd was the marketing director for the BBC Future Media and Digital division, which he took up after senior marketing roles at Palm, 118118 and Nokia.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager/Account Director Reuben Sinclair £40000 - £55000 per hour + Bonus + Excellent Benefits, London
- Head of Digital Design. #BANNERCAMPAIGNS #EMAILDESIGNS Creative Recruitment £50000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Digital Project Manager. #WEBBUILDS #MOBILEAPPS #TABLETAPPS Creative Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- JUNIOR DIGITAL DESIGNER #ESHOTS #WEBDESIGN #SOCIALMEDIA Creative Recruitment £25000 per annum, London