Cannes 2012: UK agencies net 30 nominations for Film Craft Lions
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 22 June 2012 11:35AM
UK agencies turned out in force on the Film Craft shortlist at Cannes this year, with 30 nominations for 11 different UK shops.
Bartle Bogle Hegarty topped the pack, with nine nominations, seven of which are for The Guardian "three little pigs" spot. BBH was also nominated for Barnardo’s "life story" and Audi "hummingbird".
Next up was AMV BBDO with five shortlisted entries, comprising three nominations for Doritos "dip desperado", one for National Lottery "hero’s return", and one for Twinings Tea "sea".
Wieden & Kennedy made the list with four shortlisted entries; two nominations for Lurpak "rainbow" and a nod each for Honda "spark" and Nokia "gulp".
Adam & Eve’s John Lewis Christmas spot "the long wait" made the list, as did its "through the ages" work, also for John Lewis.
DDB UK got three nominations for Harvey Nichols "walk of shame", and its Volkswagen "see film differently" and "flower power" work.
Other UK shops on the list were, Euro RSCG for Durex, Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R for Land Rover "accelerator" and Work London and Rattling Stick both got nominated in different categories for their work on Nike Free Run+ "I would run to you".
The UK was the most nominated country after the US, which got 47 nominations out of 131 entries.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Director > ATL > TOP LONDON AGENCY collectivo £55,000 - £65,000, London
- planner > HUGE opportunity > BRAVE client collectivo Up to £60,000 + benefits, London (Greater)
- Foodie Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Project Manager (senior) Corporate Communications Recruitment circa £55k, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Consultant Corporate Communications Recruitment £70-£80k base plus bonus and package, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham