Cannes 2012: Canal Plus picks up Grand Prix in Film Craft
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Saturday, 23 June 2012 09:00PM
UK agencies put in a strong showing in Film Craft, but BETC Paris scooped the Grand Prix for its Canal Plus spot.
Another entry tipped for the top prize, Bartle Bogle Hegarty’s "three little pigs" spot for The Guardian won a Gold Lion and five Silver Lions in the category.
The jury president Espen Horn, Motion Blur executive producer, explained that while the Guardian spot was an "extraordinary piece of work" it didn’t "live with you" in the way that the Canal Plus "bear" film did. Canal Plus also won four Gold Lions in the category.
Wieden & Kennedy’s Lurpak spot "rainbow" won a Gold Lion and the agency also won a Bronze for Nokia "gulp".
CHI & Partners was another UK winner with a Silver Lion for its TalkTalk "homes within homes" work.
AMV BBDO picked up Bronze for Doritos "dip desperado", and DDB UK also won Bronze for Harvey Nichols "walk of shame".
The jury revealed that, alongside the Guardian spot, Wieden & Kennedy Portland's "best job" film for Proctor & Gamble, which received a Gold Lion in Film Craft was another close contender for the Grand Prix.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Paid Search Manager Aspire £200 - £275 per day, London
- Marketing Executive, Charity, West Sussex Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic benefits, Horsham
- Marketing Executive, Charity, West Sussex Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £21000 - £23000 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic benefits, Horsham
- Marketing Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £38000 - £45000 per annum, Staffordshire
- Senior Brand Executive Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £30,000 - £34,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)