Cannes 2012: Canal Plus picks up Grand Prix in Film Craft
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Saturday, 23 June 2012 09:00PM
UK agencies put in a strong showing in Film Craft, but BETC Paris scooped the Grand Prix for its Canal Plus spot.
Another entry tipped for the top prize, Bartle Bogle Hegarty’s "three little pigs" spot for The Guardian won a Gold Lion and five Silver Lions in the category.
The jury president Espen Horn, Motion Blur executive producer, explained that while the Guardian spot was an "extraordinary piece of work" it didn’t "live with you" in the way that the Canal Plus "bear" film did. Canal Plus also won four Gold Lions in the category.
Wieden & Kennedy’s Lurpak spot "rainbow" won a Gold Lion and the agency also won a Bronze for Nokia "gulp".
CHI & Partners was another UK winner with a Silver Lion for its TalkTalk "homes within homes" work.
AMV BBDO picked up Bronze for Doritos "dip desperado", and DDB UK also won Bronze for Harvey Nichols "walk of shame".
The jury revealed that, alongside the Guardian spot, Wieden & Kennedy Portland's "best job" film for Proctor & Gamble, which received a Gold Lion in Film Craft was another close contender for the Grand Prix.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Designer (Fashion, Conceptual, Photoshop, InDesign) Creative Recruitment £30000 - £37000 per annum, London
- Campaign Manager Nu Creative Talent £40-45k + bonus, London
- Project Manager Tomorrow Recruitment £25000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, East London
- UI Design Manager Zebra People £65000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account Manager CIG Healthcare Partnership £30K - £35K dependent on experience, London (Greater)
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy