EasyJet plays on England woes with ads for European flights
EasyJet has taken advantage of England's football loss against Italy, which was watched by a peak audience of 23.5m last night, with a tongue-in-cheek press ad for its cheap fares to Europe.
The ad shows a man with an England team scarf around his shoulders sat down with his head buried in his hands.
The ad says: "Tears dry faster in the sun. Make England’s exit easier to deal with. Where are you going? Majorca, Malaga, Alicante from £50.99 one way."
The ad, created by VCCP, uses the messaging from easyJet’s £50m brand campaign, which aims to reposition the carrier as an airline that connects people, moving away from its traditional price-led marketing to a value and destination-led service.
However, the brand still issues cheeky ads, such as its "To Fly. To save," ad, which took off Ba’s "To fly. To Serve," brand campaign.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager JV Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Greater Manchester
- Consumer Retention Manager (CRM) - Client-side Silverdrum circa £50,000 + bonus, London (Greater)
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up