EasyJet plays on England woes with ads for European flights
EasyJet has taken advantage of England's football loss against Italy, which was watched by a peak audience of 23.5m last night, with a tongue-in-cheek press ad for its cheap fares to Europe.
The ad shows a man with an England team scarf around his shoulders sat down with his head buried in his hands.
The ad says: "Tears dry faster in the sun. Make England’s exit easier to deal with. Where are you going? Majorca, Malaga, Alicante from £50.99 one way."
The ad, created by VCCP, uses the messaging from easyJet’s £50m brand campaign, which aims to reposition the carrier as an airline that connects people, moving away from its traditional price-led marketing to a value and destination-led service.
However, the brand still issues cheeky ads, such as its "To Fly. To save," ad, which took off Ba’s "To fly. To Serve," brand campaign.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Digital Project Manager AF Selection £28,000 - £34,000 + excellent benefits , Warwickshire
- Planner, Great London B2B Agency Direct Recruitment £60,000, London (Greater)
- Customer Marketing Manager Direct Recruitment £35,000-£40,000, Berkshire