EasyJet plays on England woes with ads for European flights
EasyJet has taken advantage of England's football loss against Italy, which was watched by a peak audience of 23.5m last night, with a tongue-in-cheek press ad for its cheap fares to Europe.
The ad shows a man with an England team scarf around his shoulders sat down with his head buried in his hands.
The ad says: "Tears dry faster in the sun. Make England’s exit easier to deal with. Where are you going? Majorca, Malaga, Alicante from £50.99 one way."
The ad, created by VCCP, uses the messaging from easyJet’s £50m brand campaign, which aims to reposition the carrier as an airline that connects people, moving away from its traditional price-led marketing to a value and destination-led service.
However, the brand still issues cheeky ads, such as its "To Fly. To save," ad, which took off Ba’s "To fly. To Serve," brand campaign.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Account Executive or Account Executive createselect Up to £26K pa, depending on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director - eCommerce and Digital Marketplace Silverdrum £60,000 + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- SENIOR ACCOUNT EXEC/ACCOUNT MANAGER - INTEGRATED agency, Farringdon - £23k-£30k Judi Patton £23k-£30k, Farringdon
- Marketing agency roles in the Home Counties Stonor Variable £20,000 - £100,000, Home Counties
- SALES AND MARKETING DIRECOR - MARKETING AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, West Midlands