Mindshare and Google launch Mobile Garage venture
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 25 June 2012 10:25AM
Mindshare and Google have teamed up to launch Mobile Garage, a joint venture designed to help Mindshare's global client base harness Google's mobile expertise.
Mobile Garage will set up mobile hubs around the globe – initially New York, London and Singapore – where Mindshare clients will gain access via dedicated teams to mobile strategists and product experts.
The hubs will consist of a mix of Mindshare and Google employees and will work across all aspects of the mobile ecosystem, from search optimisation and app development, to strategy, planning and creative optimisation.
Mobile Garage will aim to give Mindshare clients an advantage in the race to react to the growing global trend of mobile device usage. Mobile search traffic has increased 400% in the past two years.
The GSMA, the industry body for mobile operators, predicts there will be 24 billion connected devices by 2020 creating an industry worth $4.5 trillion and introducing innovations such as connected cars, building automation and traffic management.
Nick Emery, chief executive of Mindshare Worldwide, said: "We designed Mindshare to be open source and to work with the best partners for the benefit of our clients.
"It’s about trial, experimentation and speed to re-design our business. Working with Google on mobile will give our clients a competitive advantage in a key battleground both now and for the future."
Matt Brittin, vice president, sales and operations, Northern and Central Europe at Google, said: "We have adopted a 'mobile first' philosophy at Google to keep pace with the rapid acceleration in consumer mobile usage.
"We are delighted to team up with Mindshare on a similar strategy for their clients. Mindshare have already shown strong momentum in the mobile marketing space, and have a great opportunity to lead their clients to win on mobile in the future."
Mobile Garage will complement Mindshare's existing relationship with WPP's mobile agencies Joule and H-Art.
Follow Nick Batten on Twitter @NickBatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Trade Marketing Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £45000 per annum, North West
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign
- Facebook's 'Buy' button: a leap too far?
- Beiersdorf postpones review after MAA criticisms of procedure