Greggs launches concept store and considers loyalty card
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 25 June 2012 12:58PM
Greggs is plotting a major revamp of its stores and is also poised to introduce a loyalty card in a move to cash in on its growing popularity, following the pasty tax row.
Greggs, which has around 1,600 stores across the country, has sounded out interest in the possibility of launching a loyalty card. It has emailed customers about the idea and asked for feedback.
Along with the loyalty card, Greggs is also considering a pre-paid card that customers could top up online or by phone.
The high-street baker is also introducing a concept store to the market. The store, called Greggs The Bakery, has opened in its home town of Newcastle.
The concept store boasts décor which is more upmarket than the regular Greggs stores. It also offers 75 new product lines, which will be on sale along with Greg's flagship products such as sausage rolls and pasties.
The new products include a range of artisan and crusty breads freshly baked on the premises every day, and cakes, as well as confectionery including chocolate and orange scones, cheesecakes and giant cupcakes. Pizzas and made-to-order sandwiches will also be sold.
The concept store could, over time, be rolled out across a number of Greggs outlets.
The Greggs brand received a fillip after it forced chancellor George Osborne into an embarrassing U-turn over a plan to add 20% to hot savouries.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Field Manager - Experiential Agency - up to £34k Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £34k, west london
- Senior Account Director/Group Account Director Twist Recruitment £48000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Digital Lead with Integrated Agency Gemini Search £60000 - £75000 per annum, City of London
- Product Manager - Global Automotive Giant - Berkshire Ninesharp £40000 - £50000 per annum + Great Benefits and Brand Car, Slough
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
- Celebrity Cruises opts for Goodstuff
- Watch Harvey Keitel's Wolf bark again in new Direct Line ads