Marcus Rich takes on expanded role across DMGT's regionals and nationals
By John Reynolds, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 25 June 2012 02:45PM
Daily Mail publisher A&N Media has promoted Marcus Rich, deputy managing director of Mail Newpapers, to the new role of commercial managing director of A&N Media, marking the latest executive change at the newspaper group.
Rich, who made his name during a 25-year-career at Emap (which was acquired by Bauer in 2007), took on the role of deputy managing director of Mail Newspapers, which comprises the Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday, at the beginning of 2009.
He reported to Guy Zitter, managing director of Mail Newspapers.
Rich will take up his new role immediately and will report directly to Kevin Beatty, A&N Media's chief executive.
He will have commercial responsibilities across the Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday.
He will be primarily focused on these titles, though he will be involved across the group's regioinal titles, when it is appropriate to meet the requirements of a particular client.
The group's regional titles include the Essex Chronicle and Hull Daily Mail.
Rich will work closely with Martin Clarke, publisher and chief executive of Mail Online, Linda Grant, managing director of Metro, and Zitter.
The promotion of Rich is the latest personnel change across the Daily Mail Group. Geordie Greig, the editor of the London Evening Standard, was appointed editor of The Mail on Sunday in March, replacing Peter Wright.
Earlier this month, it was announced that John Teal, commercial director of Mail Newspapers was to leave the publisher in September.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Senior SEO Executive - Polish speaking AH Digital Up to £28,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Creative Team Red Sofa London £45000 - £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- PR Account Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £16000 - £18000 per annum, East Midlands Region / Derbyshire
- Senior Digital Designer Digital Gurus £40000 - £50000 Per Annum, London (Central), London (Greater)