Lida's Mel Cruickshank appointed to top Wunderman UK role
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 25 June 2012 06:30PM
Mel Cruickshank, the chief executive of Lida, has been poached by Wunderman to lead its UK operation.
Cruickshank replaces Brendan Tansey, who is moving to an unspecified role within WPP, and becomes president of Wunderman UK and a member of the Wunderman Leadership Board. She will report to the Wunderman chairman and chief executive officer Daniel Morel and is expected to join later this year.
"Mel’s in-depth knowledge of digital marketing is what clients look for; in a world that is always on, they want to know what works in social, what levers to pull in mobile, and what business outcomes will result," said Morel.
"That, combined with an entrepreneurial leadership style and a keen appreciation for how insights drive the creative process, makes her the right leader for our UK operation."
Cruickshank has been the chief executive of M&C Saatchi’s Lida since 2009. She has also worked for TBWA\GGT, Smith Bundy and MRM.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Freelance Creative Artworkers Creative Recruitment negotiable, City of London
- Account Manager - Selling to Agencies Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Commission, London
- National Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Client Director - Planning department leading OOH specialist Ultimate Asset £50000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, City of London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- Partners Andrews Aldridge restructures creative with hires and promotions
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition