Shop Direct in brands overhaul
Shop Direct is to increase its marketing spend as it seeks to drive greater differentiation between its Very and Littlewoods brands.
In an attempt to reduce duplication and create a clearer overall creative strategy, the home shopping brand has streamlined its agency roster, appointing St Luke’s to handle advertising for both brands. Previously it used a range of agencies, including VCCP.
Gareth Jones, group retail director at Shop Direct, said the two brands have similar propositions because of their young to middle-aged audi--ence of fashion-conscious
He added that Littlewoods will be more explicitly aimed at a family-oriented audience, while Very will be positioned to appeal to women with a more ‘gregarious and outgoing
approach to fashion’.
Shop Direct’s third brand, isme, is aimed at consumers over the age of 50. Its advertising will be handled by Contagious Content.
Jones added that the brand is lining up celebrities to front its marketing and said that the group is ‘more committed than ever to above-the-line’.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Account Director Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, West Midlands
- Midweight Flash Designer Purple Consultancy £230 per day, London
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review
- Domino's Pizza launches TV ad for cheese and smokey bacon stuffed crust
- Hovis appoints Mother to ad account