Shop Direct in brands overhaul
Shop Direct is to increase its marketing spend as it seeks to drive greater differentiation between its Very and Littlewoods brands.
In an attempt to reduce duplication and create a clearer overall creative strategy, the home shopping brand has streamlined its agency roster, appointing St Luke’s to handle advertising for both brands. Previously it used a range of agencies, including VCCP.
Gareth Jones, group retail director at Shop Direct, said the two brands have similar propositions because of their young to middle-aged audi--ence of fashion-conscious
He added that Littlewoods will be more explicitly aimed at a family-oriented audience, while Very will be positioned to appeal to women with a more ‘gregarious and outgoing
approach to fashion’.
Shop Direct’s third brand, isme, is aimed at consumers over the age of 50. Its advertising will be handled by Contagious Content.
Jones added that the brand is lining up celebrities to front its marketing and said that the group is ‘more committed than ever to above-the-line’.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Group Account Director Stopgap £60000 - £65000 per annum, London
- Junior + Middleweight Designer Purple Consultancy £23000 - £27000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Major Players £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Midweight Flash Designer Purple Consultancy £240 per day, London
- Midweight Flash Designer Purple Consultancy £250 per day, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- OMD lands Liberty Global pan-Euro media
- Haig Club launches David Beckham ad