John Lewis seeks partners to expand 'click and collect'
John Lewis is seeking new partners to help it expand its "click and collect" service into small towns up and down the UK where it does not have a presence.
The department store already offers this service in sister company Waitrose, but is considering expanding it by making an alliance with corner shops or another partner.
Andy Street, John Lewis managing director, revealed he was in talks with a number of unnamed parties during the British Retail Consortium (BRC) Symposium yesterday (26 June).
Click and collect is a booming area in the retail industry and allows customers to order products online and then have them delivered to a nearby store where they can pick up the items at their convenience.
Online-only retailers including Asos are also developing click and collect offerings with Asos partnering Collect+ in March to launch a service that allows customers to pick up their order in one of 4,500 participating stores, such as Spar.
When reporting its results for the year ending 28 January, the John Lewis Partnership revealed click and collect was available in all John Lewis stores and 94 Waitrose branches contributing to a fifth of all sales in John Lewis now coming from online.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Planning Director Red Sofa London £8000.00 - £100000 per annum, London
- Junior Project Manager Neko London Up to £19,000 p/a + Benefits, Central London
- Global Midweight Graphic Designer Source £30000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Coco de Mer launches X-rated ad with Rankin and TBWA
- Fallon introduces stuffed duck to launch Cadbury Puddles
- Betfair to call £15m European media review
- Dave Bedwood to leave M&C Saatchi
- Wonga rebrands as 'transparent and responsible' lender after hiring Fold7
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015