Google tipped to unveil first tablet device
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 27 June 2012 09:20AM
Google is planning to unveil its first tablet device at its I/O developer conference in California this week, according to reports.
According to Gizomodo, which claims to have seen leaked specifications, the seven-inch Android device will go on sale for less than $200, which is around the same price point as Amazon’s Kindle Fire, undercutting the $399 starting price of Apple’s iPad.
The device built with Asus, in a similar way to Google’s Nexus phone, is intended to provide a ‘beacon’ for manufacturers developing on the Android tablet operating system.
According to the site, the device will run on ‘Jelly Bean’, the latest version of the Android operating system, also to be revealed at the conference.
The expected launch will see Google strengthen its credentials as a hardware business and follows on from the launch of its Chromebook computers last year.
Last week, Microsoft unveiled its first tablet family, but is yet to announce a launch date or pricing.
Google declined to comment on the report.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- OOH Field Sales Business Development Manager-£65k Uncapped OTE! Ultimate Asset £25000 - £65000 per annum + Includes uncapped commission, West End
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - INTEGRATED B2B AGENCY Live Recruitment £26000 - £30000 per annum, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER Live Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Digital Operations Director - Display, Video & Mobile Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits + Great Agency Culture, City of London