Sheraz Dar exits in property portal merger
Primelocation and FindaProperty marketing director Sheraz Dar has left the firm following its merger with property portal rival Zoopla.
Zoopla marketing director Charlotte Harper, former UK managing director of Match.com, will now take on the enlarged remit, with the three brands set to continue to operate for the "foreseeable future".
Dar, who had been at parent company Digital Property Group for more than two years, led the repositioning of both Primelocation and FindaProperty.
He recently oversaw the launch of the £5m campaign for FindaProperty, featuring rapping actor Ross Green. According to Dar, the campaign resulted in record online traffic for the brand and a boost to market share.
The merger of the two companies was announced last year, but completed on 1 June. Although rival Rightmove remains the dominant brand in the market, the new enlarged business, Zoopla Property Group, claims it will have an "unrivalled position in terms of audience, brands, partnerships, products and proposition" once integration is complete.
Primelocation and FindaProperty currently work with Beattie McGuinness Bungay, while Zoopla's creative ad account is with VCCP.
Dar is a former head of marketing for Premier Foods. Prior to Match.com, Harper was UK marketing director for Travelocity.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Designer become £35k - 40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head Of Insight Ball & Hoolahan £80,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Greater)
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs