James Copley to leave Kinetic after 14 years
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Wednesday, 27 June 2012 11:57AM
James Copley, UK chief operating officer at WPP-owned outdoor media specialist Kinetic, is to leave the company after 14 years "to take time off from the world of advertising".
The date of Copley's departure is as yet unclear and Kinetic claimed he would work closely over the coming weeks with Andy Jonesco, Kinetic's EMEA chief executive, to guarantee a continued high level of service to clients and partners.
It is unclear whether Kinetic plans to directly replace Copley, but Jonesco will handle the UK in addition to his current responsibilities for the interim period. Jonesco joined Kinetic in November 2011, replacing Simon Crisp.
Jonesco said: "While we are, of course, sad to lose such a valued member of the team, we understand James' decision. "Having worked consistently for the business for so many years, James has decided he would like to take some time off from the world of advertising and so we wish him well for the future, whatever he decides to do after his break."
Kinetic was formed in 2005 when the independent Poster Publicity merged with WPP out-of-home specialist Portland Outdoor, and Copley was appointed client development director.
He was promoted to managing director in 2008 and then to his current role after the departure of UK chief executive, Paul Shearring, in February 2010.
All staff have been informed of Copley's decision, as have the agency's clients and partners.
Follow Nick Batten on Twitter @NickBatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- PR Account Manager / Senior Account Manager Network Career Consultants £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- New Business Manager/ Director - Live Creative Events Agency Network Career Consultants £35000 - £40000 per annum + 20k Bonus, remote working possible, London
- Senior Brand Manager Weetabix Ball & Hoolahan - Top Jobs £Competitive Salary Package, Northamptonshire
- Media Manager- BOUTIQUE agency- £40K! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Virgin Media 'night owl' ad to break in Gogglebox
- Johnnie Walker calls global ad review
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Testicular cancer awareness campaign launches comedy show
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media