Air New Zealand safety video features Snoop Dogg and Obama
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 27 June 2012 12:41PM
Air New Zealand has launched a humorous in-flight safety video featuring animations of American and international celebrities, including Barack Obama and Snoop Dogg.
The video, created by Albion, will roll out across all of Air New Zealand's international and domestic jet flights from next month, available on board for consumers to watch at their leisure.
The video is presented by Ed O'Neill, an American actor and star of TV show 'Modern Family', and Melanie Lynsky, a New Zealand actor known for her role in show 'Two and a Half Men'.
There are cameo appearances from a range of international celebrities and world leaders, including American president Barack Obama; rapper Snoop Dogg; Australian prime minister Julia Gillard; French president Francois Hollande; Olympic athletes Mahe Drysdale and Valerie Adams; captain of the New Zealand All Blacks rugby team Richie McCaw, and television personality Paul Henry.
Supporting activity includes a competition for consumers to win a round-the-world trip for two, by identifying more than five of the celebrities featured in the video.
Chris Myers, general manager, Europe, Air New Zealand, said: "We've previously featured body painted airline staff, the All Blacks and fitness guru Richard Simmons in our videos, which have attracted more than 20 million views online.
"This time, we're taking the opportunity to highlight the global reach of our business and to recognise world events and celebrities in a uniquely Air New Zealand way."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @loullamae_es
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Nielsen Data & Sales Analyst Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£28K + Bonus + Excellent Benefits, Berkshire
- Senior Designer- super cool agency Dahling Ltd £45-55k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Senior Brand Managers - OTC Healthcare Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £48K-£55K + Car Allowance + Bonus, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£65K-£70K + Generous Car Allowance + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Packaging Designer Premier Media £120 - £200 per day, City of London
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- Twitter hunts for UK marketer as it targets £180m ad revenues
- Gogglebox stars encourage viewers to vote
- Dave Trott at Ad Week Europe: Ads have become overcomplicated