Muse records official Olympics song
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 27 June 2012 03:44PM
British rock band Muse has recorded the official Olympics song, which will be played repeatedly throughout the London 2012 Games.
Muse appeared today (27 June) at a press conference at the Olympic Park, in which details of the Olympic 2012 music programme were disclosed.
The Muse song, called 'Survival', will be played in all London 2012 venues during the Olympics on occasions including athletes entering the arena, and the lead-up to the medal ceremonies.
The track will be played on radio for the first time tonight and will be available to download from iTunes.
Muse band member Matt Bellamy said: "It's a huge honour to have the track chosen as such a major part of the London 2012 Olympic Games. I wrote it with the Games in mind as it expresses a sense of conviction and determination to win."
Songs by Elton John, Delphic, Chemical Brothers and Dizzee Rascal will also feature during the Olympics.
Scissor Sisters and Rizzle Kicks will also be playing surprise gigs at some of the Olympic venues.
The unveiling of the official song coincided with Olympic organisers opening the main Press Centre, which is expected to host up to 6,000 journalists during the Olympics.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Head of New Business to £70,000. Film & Commercials agency. London EC1 Mark Paine Recruitment to £70,000, EC1
- Production Editor - £33,000. Premium publishing and brand agency. WC2 London Mark Paine Recruitment to £33,000 plus benefits/ healthcare & dental care., WC2A 1AE, London (Greater)
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years