Canon pioneers Eye Amplify NFC sites
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Thursday, 28 June 2012 11:57AM
Canon has become the first client to plan a campaign across Eye's Amplify sites, which transmit information from mobile phone interactions directly to out-of-home owner's clients.
Amplify allows passengers to interact with more than 8,000 Eye sites in malls and airports worldwide through embedded near field communication (NFC) technology, QR codes and SMS functionality.
The first activity will take place at Gatwick and Stanstead airports and will gather passengers' mobile data from a digital out-of-home (OOH) unit, in a promotion for the company's EOS 650D camera model.
The campaign was planned and bought by PHD International and outdoor agency PSI (Posterscope International) and enables Canon to track response rates and interactivity levels, which Eye claims delivers a fully accountable campaign.
There are 206 panels carrying the amplifying platform in the UK. The campaign will include 114 Amplify panels split between both airports.
Gill Rowe, account director at PSI, said: "Through our campaign with Eye, Canon has an impressive opportunity to extend the reach of their campaign beyond the airport by using the new Amplify platform.
"Canon can run a mobile-led conversation which gives them higher levels of engagement and increases the campaign's effectiveness."
Alastair Bannerman, global marketing director for Eye, said: "Media companies are good at exclaiming change to the outside world, without always delivering the substance to back it up.
"Our new offerings have been developed to make our brand positioning real and valuable for our customers."
Eye recently released a study in partnership with brain-imaging research company, Neuro Insights, which examined the effects of OOH advertising on people's brains.
Follow Nick Batten on Twitter @NickBatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Planner, Direct Marketing /CRM Agency, London Direct Recruitment £70,000-100,000, London (Greater)
- Account Executive - Partnership Marketing Stonor £18,000 to £20,000, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Gr...
- Account Manager/Senior Account Manager - Integrated - Herts Stonor £28,000 to £35,000 dependent on experience , Bedfordshire / Hertfordshire / London (North), London (Greater)
- Midweight Copywriter (Digital) createselect Up to £38K pa, depending on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Executive - Healthcare GoodEgg Digital £24k + Great Benefits, England
- ASA receives 240 complaints about Sainsbury's Christmas ad
- John Lewis Christmas ad gets three times more views than Sainsbury's in first 24 hours
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Watch: Ant and Dec star in Morrisons' festive campaign
- DigitasLBi is on hunt for new media leader as Ling exits
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK