Ocado opens creative agency talks
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 28 June 2012 08:00AM
Ocado, the online grocer, has approached creative agencies to invite them to compete for an advertising brief.
The brand is thought to be in the market for a shop to create a one-off campaign and its marketing team has approached agencies directly.
Ocado is looking to boost its brand during what could be a difficult summer period for its business. Despite unveiling a small six-month profit earlier this week, Ocado shares fell sharply on its warning that the Olympics will hit sales. This follows remarks in May from its commercial director, Jason Gissing, that the Jubilee and Olympics would "bugger up" Ocado’s business.
Ocado currently invests little in brand advertising, focusing instead on inserts and outdoor activity to raise awareness of promotions and new product ranges.
In July last year, Ocado ran a targeted outdoor campaign, created in-house, with the aim of attracting French citizens living in London to its new French food range.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Group Marketing Executive Pitch Consultants £26000 - £28000 per annum + car, West Midlands
- Head of Social Media - Leading Charity - London Major Players £55000 - £60000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Account Manager - Kellogs Major Players £0.0000000 per annum, City of London