Ocado opens creative agency talks
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 28 June 2012 08:00AM
Ocado, the online grocer, has approached creative agencies to invite them to compete for an advertising brief.
The brand is thought to be in the market for a shop to create a one-off campaign and its marketing team has approached agencies directly.
Ocado is looking to boost its brand during what could be a difficult summer period for its business. Despite unveiling a small six-month profit earlier this week, Ocado shares fell sharply on its warning that the Olympics will hit sales. This follows remarks in May from its commercial director, Jason Gissing, that the Jubilee and Olympics would "bugger up" Ocado’s business.
Ocado currently invests little in brand advertising, focusing instead on inserts and outdoor activity to raise awareness of promotions and new product ranges.
In July last year, Ocado ran a targeted outdoor campaign, created in-house, with the aim of attracting French citizens living in London to its new French food range.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- EVENT PRODUCER - AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, London
- SENIOR PLANNER - AGENCY - BRISTOL - £55K Salt £55000 per annum, Bristol
- Social media manager f1 Recruitment up to £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Category Insights Manager Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits, Buckinghamshire
- BBC social media manager calls for brands to add value
- Dave Trott: Great advertising isn't just gimmicks
- WPP launches Xaxis Audio with Global
- Manning Gottlieb OMD, MediaCom and PHD head shortlist for 2015 Thinkbox TV Planning Awards
- Publicis Chemistry's CEO Mike Welsh exits
- Judges rail against 'sexed up' work at D&AD open sessions