Ocado opens creative agency talks
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 28 June 2012 08:00AM
Ocado, the online grocer, has approached creative agencies to invite them to compete for an advertising brief.
The brand is thought to be in the market for a shop to create a one-off campaign and its marketing team has approached agencies directly.
Ocado is looking to boost its brand during what could be a difficult summer period for its business. Despite unveiling a small six-month profit earlier this week, Ocado shares fell sharply on its warning that the Olympics will hit sales. This follows remarks in May from its commercial director, Jason Gissing, that the Jubilee and Olympics would "bugger up" Ocado’s business.
Ocado currently invests little in brand advertising, focusing instead on inserts and outdoor activity to raise awareness of promotions and new product ranges.
In July last year, Ocado ran a targeted outdoor campaign, created in-house, with the aim of attracting French citizens living in London to its new French food range.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £30,000, Greater Manchester
- Communications Assistant AF Selection £16,000 - £20,000, Birmingham, West Midlands
- Digital Account Manager - Brand Accounts!! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits + Great Agency Culture, City of London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater), South East England
- Customer Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham