Follows joins JWT as strategy chief
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 28 June 2012 08:00AM
Her appointment ends eight-month search by the agency.
JWT London has ended its eight-month search for a chief strategy officer by hiring Tracey Follows, VCCP's executive planning director, to fill the role.
Follows will become the fourth and final executive partner - alongside Russell Ramsey, Joseph Petyan and James Whitehead - when she joins JWT later this year.
The agency's previous most senior planner was Tony Quinn who quit in November last year to join Publicis London as its chief strategy officer. He has yet to start at Publicis.
Follows joined VCCP in 2009 from Lowe as its head of planning and was promoted to executive planning director in April after the arrival of M&C Saatchi's strategy director, Simon Rich, to run the planning department.
She is a former international advertising manager at T-Mobile and was responsible for One2One's advertising, introducing its positioning: "Life is made of One2Ones." At VCCP, she used this experience to lead the O2 and Telefonica accounts. At JWT she will work across brands including HSBC, Hovis and Ambrosia.
Ramsey said: "Tracey is the best planner in the industry. She is going to be a perfect fit in our leadership team."
Follows added: "I am genuinely excited to be joining JWT at this time and be part of a talented team working together to create imaginative, original work for all of JWT's clients. It's an agency with an unparalleled heritage and I really want to play a big part in shaping this agency's future."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- B2B Campaign Manager UK Stopgap competitive + benefits, Surrey
- ARTWORKERS - DIGITAL, INTEGRATED, BRANDING Live Recruitment £competitive, England
- STUDIO MANAGERS - INTEGRATED, DIGITAL, BRANDING Live Recruitment £competitive, West Midlands
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood
- Publicis Groupe extends deadline for Sapient deal again
- Lidstone exits Havas amid restructure