Follows joins JWT as strategy chief
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 28 June 2012 08:00AM
Her appointment ends eight-month search by the agency.
JWT London has ended its eight-month search for a chief strategy officer by hiring Tracey Follows, VCCP's executive planning director, to fill the role.
Follows will become the fourth and final executive partner - alongside Russell Ramsey, Joseph Petyan and James Whitehead - when she joins JWT later this year.
The agency's previous most senior planner was Tony Quinn who quit in November last year to join Publicis London as its chief strategy officer. He has yet to start at Publicis.
Follows joined VCCP in 2009 from Lowe as its head of planning and was promoted to executive planning director in April after the arrival of M&C Saatchi's strategy director, Simon Rich, to run the planning department.
She is a former international advertising manager at T-Mobile and was responsible for One2One's advertising, introducing its positioning: "Life is made of One2Ones." At VCCP, she used this experience to lead the O2 and Telefonica accounts. At JWT she will work across brands including HSBC, Hovis and Ambrosia.
Ramsey said: "Tracey is the best planner in the industry. She is going to be a perfect fit in our leadership team."
Follows added: "I am genuinely excited to be joining JWT at this time and be part of a talented team working together to create imaginative, original work for all of JWT's clients. It's an agency with an unparalleled heritage and I really want to play a big part in shaping this agency's future."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Senior Recruitment Consultant Ninesharp £21000 - £35000 per annum + Uncapped Commission - No Thresholds, Greater Manchester
- Social Account Manager - Awesome Consumer & FMCG Brands Digital Gurus £27000 - £35000 Per Annum Up to £35K + BENS, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Account Manager, Annual Reports, Freelance, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £36000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Fashion Community Manager - Leading Comms Agency Digital Gurus £25000 - £35000 Per Annum Up to £35K + BENS, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred
- Samsung celebrates Prince George's birthday