Brands sign Oliver C4 placement deal
Products from Uncle Ben's and Yeo Valley will appear in the new Jamie Oliver cookery series, Jamie's 15-Minute Meals, on Channel 4.
The broadcaster has signed a product placement deal with the brands and Uncle Ben's, owned by Mars, will also sponsor the 40-episode series, which begins in the autumn.
Some of the recipes in the show will include Uncle Ben's products. Yeo Valley's fat-free yoghurt will also feature.
The deal was negotiated by Channel 4 and Oliver's production company, Fresh One, with ZenithOptimedia's Newcast division.
Since paid-for product placement became legal in February 2011, Channel 4 has hatched deals with L'Oréal and Nokia for its youth-focused soap Hollyoaks.
Vicky Kell, Channel 4's business manager, partnerships, said: "We're confident that the active usage by Jamie will lead to a tremendously effective campaign and, as such, we'll be investing in research to help us prove this."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Field Manager - Experiential Agency - up to £34k Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £34k, west london
- Senior Account Director/Group Account Director Twist Recruitment £48000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Digital Lead with Integrated Agency Gemini Search £60000 - £75000 per annum, City of London
- Product Manager - Global Automotive Giant - Berkshire Ninesharp £40000 - £50000 per annum + Great Benefits and Brand Car, Slough
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York