Brands sign Oliver C4 placement deal
Products from Uncle Ben's and Yeo Valley will appear in the new Jamie Oliver cookery series, Jamie's 15-Minute Meals, on Channel 4.
The broadcaster has signed a product placement deal with the brands and Uncle Ben's, owned by Mars, will also sponsor the 40-episode series, which begins in the autumn.
Some of the recipes in the show will include Uncle Ben's products. Yeo Valley's fat-free yoghurt will also feature.
The deal was negotiated by Channel 4 and Oliver's production company, Fresh One, with ZenithOptimedia's Newcast division.
Since paid-for product placement became legal in February 2011, Channel 4 has hatched deals with L'Oréal and Nokia for its youth-focused soap Hollyoaks.
Vicky Kell, Channel 4's business manager, partnerships, said: "We're confident that the active usage by Jamie will lead to a tremendously effective campaign and, as such, we'll be investing in research to help us prove this."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Designer 20-35k London - Advertising Tech Company Creative Recruitment £20000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, London
- senior account director > RETAIL > GLOBAL AGENCY collectivo Salary confidential, London
- social media account manager > DRINKS BRAND collectivo to £25-30k + amazing bens, London
- Press Investment Senior Exec Aspire £25000.00 - £34000.00 per annum, London
- Group Marketing Manager - Leading Media Business ADLIB £30000 - £40000 per annum, Bath
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham