Brands sign Oliver C4 placement deal
Products from Uncle Ben's and Yeo Valley will appear in the new Jamie Oliver cookery series, Jamie's 15-Minute Meals, on Channel 4.
The broadcaster has signed a product placement deal with the brands and Uncle Ben's, owned by Mars, will also sponsor the 40-episode series, which begins in the autumn.
Some of the recipes in the show will include Uncle Ben's products. Yeo Valley's fat-free yoghurt will also feature.
The deal was negotiated by Channel 4 and Oliver's production company, Fresh One, with ZenithOptimedia's Newcast division.
Since paid-for product placement became legal in February 2011, Channel 4 has hatched deals with L'Oréal and Nokia for its youth-focused soap Hollyoaks.
Vicky Kell, Channel 4's business manager, partnerships, said: "We're confident that the active usage by Jamie will lead to a tremendously effective campaign and, as such, we'll be investing in research to help us prove this."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Account Manager Major Players £25000 - £32000 per annum, London