DLKW Lowe scoops Coral ad brief ahead of brand activity
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 28 June 2012 11:00AM
DLKW Lowe has won the advertising account for the retail bookmaker Coral.
The agency won a pitch against M&C Saatchi. The business moves from Engine.
The Gala Coral Group-owned brand put the ad business up for pitch in April ahead of a planned increase in marketing spend this year.
The brand currently spends £2 million on above-the-line advertising but is expected to increase this figure given growing competition in the market after the 2007 Gambling Act, which allowed betting brands to advertise on TV and radio.
Coral has traditionally focused most of its spend on in-store and direct marketing, but DLKW Lowe will create a brand campaign due to run later this year.
The appointment was made by Gala Coral's head of marketing, Olly Raeburn, who declined to comment on the decision.
Engine won the Coral business in 2009 after a pitch. It will continue to handle the below-the-line business through Partners Andrews Aldridge, and the Engine-owned consultancy Edwards Groom Saunders will remain in charge of media planning. The7stars was appointed to handle media buying last year.
Coral is the UK's third-largest retail bookmaker with a 20 per cent market share. Gala Coral's other businesses include Gala Bingo and Gala Casino, which are not affected by the review.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Creative Strategist- £65k - Well known FMCG Brands Gemini Search £65000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, West Midlands
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Email Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show