Unruly opens social video lab
By Sarah Shearman, mediaweek.co.uk, Friday, 29 June 2012 09:04AM
Unruly, the UK-based social video promotion and distribution specialist, has launched a "social video lab", which its claims will be a boon to brands and agencies.
Unruly said the social video lab will prove invaluable in helping brands and agencies predict the effectiveness of video campaigns, before they roll out.
The lab uses analytics technology to pre-test video campaigns, based on custom built insight before it goes live online.
Unruly, which powers Marketing's Viral Hit or Miss and Campaign's Viral Chart, unveiled the lab at a science-themed event at its Brick Lane office on Wednesday 27 June.
It will use data and insight gathered from previous video campaigns it has run, such as Evian's "roller babies", and Old Spice's "your man could smell like this" as a basis for the pre-testing technology.
Unruly says the aim of the lab is to reveal the science behind sharing, and to ensure marketers get the best return on investment from their campaigns.
Sarah Wood, co-founder and chief operating officer of Unruly Media said: "Because it is emotionally powerful and so easy to share, social video advertising can ignite and amplify conversations at speed and scale.
Unruly, which was founded in 2006, has received a $25m (£16m) investment to fuel its international expansion at the start of this year.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater), South East
- Junior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand & Communications Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
- Watch Harvey Keitel's Wolf bark again in new Direct Line ads
- Celebrity Cruises opts for Goodstuff