Campaign Viral Chart: Abercrombie's 'hot guys' take top spot
By Ben Hall, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 29 June 2012 09:57AM
Abercrombie & Fitch hit the top of the chart this week after a video featuring their "hottest guys' lip-syncing 'Call Me Maybe' by Carly-Rae Jepson was shared nearly half a million times.
The ad, which features Abercrombie's famous, bare-torso models taking a trip around famous world landmarks while lip-syncing the pop hit, has been viewed almost six million times since it was published nearly two weeks ago.
The ad was created in-house and has generated 9,500 comments and 320 blog posts.
BMW has entered the chart in second place with a new ad, which juxtaposes classical music with slow-motion shots of its M5 car smashing at high speed through glass apples, targets and popping water balloons.
Created by Cundari, Toronto, the ad has been shared more than 150,000 times this week.
After topping last week's chart, Coca Cola's security cameras have fallen into third place with 74,517 shares, while a Nokia-exclusive trailer for the latest instalment in Christopher Nolan's 'Batman' franchise has entered in fourth with more than 62,500.
Elsewhere in the chart, PBS' remixing of US children's classic 'Mr Rogers' has slumped to sixth place, two weeks after it topped the chart.
The chart, produced in conjunction with Unruly, ranks ads according to the number of times they have been shared on Facebook, Twitter and the blogosphere.
Ads launched more than 30 days ago are not included.
Due to technical issues with Twitter's API, shares from the social network were not included in the count.
1. Abercrombie & Fitch 'call me maybe' created in-house
429,899 shares this week
All time: 1,300,780 shares
2. BMW 'bullet' by Cundari, Toronto
151,407 shares this week
All time: 176,695 shares
3. Coca Cola 'security cameras' by Landia
74,517 shares this week
All time: 449,629 shares
4. Nokia 'Dark Knight Rises' by Warner Bros.
62,631 shares this week
All time: 340,681 shares
5. Microsoft 'surface' created in-house
33,412 shares this week
All time: 258,829 shares
6. PBS 'Mr Rogers remixed' created in-house
32,790 shares this week
All time: 872,875 shares
7. Mercedes Benz 'the new A Class' created in-house
12,677 shares this week
All time: 31,602 shares
8. Aston Martin 'a bold new breed' created in-house
8,893 shares this week
All time: 17,742 shares
9. Coca Cola 'do that toe tappy' by Ogilvy & Mather
8,216 shares this week
All time: 21,242 shares
10. Nike 'Rooney' by Widen & Kennedy
5,585 shares this week
All time: 78,981 shares
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER Live Recruitment Negotiable, Buckinghamshire
- CRM Insight Manager Stopgap £39000 - £40000 per annum, South East England
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Is The Net Set a welcome addition?
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media