Uniqlo partners with Sony Pictures for first augmented reality campaign
Uniqlo has partnered with Sony Pictures to launch 'The Amazing Spider-man' T-shirts and will push the range with its first-ever use of augmented reality.
The tie-up with Sony Pictures is timed to coincide with next week’s launch of 'The Amazing Spider-Man in cinemas.
Attention will be drawn to the range with a competition featuring a New York ticket giveaway, run via Aurasma's augmented reality technology.
Posters featuring creative from ‘The Amazing Spider-man’ are being placed in windows of Uniqlo stores, and passers-by will be encouraged to use the Aurasma app to access exclusive 3D content and win a trip to New York.
The graphic and slogan motif 'Spider-Man' will be included on seven different designs of T-shirts, as part of a new Uniqlo collection.
The Japanese clothing retailer has a reputation of innovating in the digital space, with initiatives including the Pinterest 'Mosaic' campaign launched this week, and a Lucky Counter Twitter campaign it created while its ecommerce site was down.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Planner, Top Direct Marketing/Digital Agency London Direct Recruitment £35,000-£42,000, London (Greater)
- CRM Analyst Stopgap £35000 per annum, London
- Account Manager Major Players £28000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Account Manager Stopgap £160 per day, London
- Account Manager Stopgap £30000 per annum, London
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad
- In pictures: Campaign Media Awards 2014
- Hammerson uses automated mechanical model to showcase Christmas gifts
- Freeview launches singing toys campaign