Uniqlo partners with Sony Pictures for first augmented reality campaign
Uniqlo has partnered with Sony Pictures to launch 'The Amazing Spider-man' T-shirts and will push the range with its first-ever use of augmented reality.
The tie-up with Sony Pictures is timed to coincide with next week’s launch of 'The Amazing Spider-Man in cinemas.
Attention will be drawn to the range with a competition featuring a New York ticket giveaway, run via Aurasma's augmented reality technology.
Posters featuring creative from ‘The Amazing Spider-man’ are being placed in windows of Uniqlo stores, and passers-by will be encouraged to use the Aurasma app to access exclusive 3D content and win a trip to New York.
The graphic and slogan motif 'Spider-Man' will be included on seven different designs of T-shirts, as part of a new Uniqlo collection.
The Japanese clothing retailer has a reputation of innovating in the digital space, with initiatives including the Pinterest 'Mosaic' campaign launched this week, and a Lucky Counter Twitter campaign it created while its ecommerce site was down.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Communications Manager Adam Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, City of London
- Marketing Manager (Digital) - Dutch Speaking - Fashion Phenomenon Recruitment Revolution £25,000 - £35,000 per annum plus bonus, London (East), London (Greater)
- eCommerce Trading Manager - Fast Growing Footwear Fashion Brand Recruitment Revolution Up to £35,000, London (West), London (Greater)
- Facebook creates first British TV campaign
- Campaign Viral Chart: Nasa sun explosion film enters the chart
- Gogglebox's Stephen and Chris launch EE TV
- Paddy Power's Pistorius ad most-complained about in 2014
- Tiffany continues story of gay couple in TV ad
- Cannes Lions launches 'cheaper than redundancy' campaign