Martin Corke lands agency sales director role at Clear Channel UK
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Friday, 29 June 2012 11:42AM
Clear Channel, the outdoor media group, has appointed News International's Martin Corke to the new role of agency sales director.
Corke joins on 9 July from his previous role of director of digital integration at News International.
He has previously held sales leadership positions at Associated Newspapers and magazine publisher IPC Media.
Corke will report to the group commercial role, which is still vacant, following the departure of Steve Atkinson, groups sales director, in November last year.
Clear Channel said that Corke's breadth of experience and his strong digital background would be particularly crucial to the role.
Matthew Dearden, chief executive of Clear Channel, said: "I am delighted Martin is joining us at Clear Channel. He brings a breadth and depth of experience that will complement our sales leadership team. I very much look forward to working with Martin to maximise our advertising revenue and build on our sales strategy for the future."
Corke said: "I am thrilled to be joining such a successful and ambitious team, who continue to excel in creating an expanding and vibrant media sector."
Follow Nick Batten on Twitter @NickBatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Director of Marketing and Communications (maternity cover) Almeida Theatre circa £38,000 per annum dependent on experience, Islington, North London
- Market Research - Senior Position - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai- UAE
- Biddable Account Manager - PPC - Superb Clients Ultimate Asset £28000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account Director Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: + annual bonus, Manchester
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'