Martin Corke lands agency sales director role at Clear Channel UK
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Friday, 29 June 2012 11:42AM
Clear Channel, the outdoor media group, has appointed News International's Martin Corke to the new role of agency sales director.
Corke joins on 9 July from his previous role of director of digital integration at News International.
He has previously held sales leadership positions at Associated Newspapers and magazine publisher IPC Media.
Corke will report to the group commercial role, which is still vacant, following the departure of Steve Atkinson, groups sales director, in November last year.
Clear Channel said that Corke's breadth of experience and his strong digital background would be particularly crucial to the role.
Matthew Dearden, chief executive of Clear Channel, said: "I am delighted Martin is joining us at Clear Channel. He brings a breadth and depth of experience that will complement our sales leadership team. I very much look forward to working with Martin to maximise our advertising revenue and build on our sales strategy for the future."
Corke said: "I am thrilled to be joining such a successful and ambitious team, who continue to excel in creating an expanding and vibrant media sector."
Follow Nick Batten on Twitter @NickBatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Head of Marketing & PR Stopgap £80000 - £90000 per annum, London
- Marketing Project Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Project Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager - Weetabix. Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Blue Tree Recruits £25,000 - £30,000 , Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44