Dental specialist Invisalign to sponsor C5's The Bachelor
Invisalign, manufacturer of a clear alternative to teeth braces, has signed a six-figure deal to sponsor the new series of 'The Bachelor', Channel 5's reality love contest.
The sponsorship will run throughout the 10-episode series, which starts this evening, and will be supported by advertorials in Channel 5’s sister magazine, the Northern & Shell-owned OK!
This series of 'The Bachelor' stars Spencer Matthews from Channel 4’s 'Made in Chelsea' and will see 24 women compete for his affections in the south of France.
Invisalign, which makes clear and removable aligners that are able to straighten teeth in between nine to 18 months, usually spends the majority of its marketing budget on press ads.
The sponsorship was negotiated by Vizeum, which won the account for Invisalign’s parent group Align Technology in 2007.
Jamie Morley, general manager UK & Ireland for Align Technology, said: "This is the first broadcast sponsorship for our brand in the UK and 'The Bachelor' is the ideal vehicle to position Invisalign to our core young, female audience."
'The Bachelor' starts at 10pm this evening, straight after 'Big Brother'.
Agostino Di Falco, partnerships director at Channel 5, said: "We scheduled 'The Bachelor' to build on the inherited 'Big Brother' audience, making it a really dominant strand for Channel 5 against young women.
"In concentrating their broadcast budget with Northern and Shell, Invisalign have seen the opportunity to focus for effect."
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Media Manager (Planning) Save the Children £36,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Retail Marketing Manager Better Placed Recruitment £32000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, Manchester
- Marketing Campaigns Officer Brand Recruitment £37000 per annum, Peterborough
- Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum + pro rata - 6 month contract, West London
- Virgin Media 'night owl' ad to break in Gogglebox
- Johnnie Walker calls global ad review
- Kevin Dundas leaves Droga5 Europe
- Testicular cancer awareness campaign launches comedy show
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity