Dental specialist Invisalign to sponsor C5's The Bachelor
Invisalign, manufacturer of a clear alternative to teeth braces, has signed a six-figure deal to sponsor the new series of 'The Bachelor', Channel 5's reality love contest.
The sponsorship will run throughout the 10-episode series, which starts this evening, and will be supported by advertorials in Channel 5’s sister magazine, the Northern & Shell-owned OK!
This series of 'The Bachelor' stars Spencer Matthews from Channel 4’s 'Made in Chelsea' and will see 24 women compete for his affections in the south of France.
Invisalign, which makes clear and removable aligners that are able to straighten teeth in between nine to 18 months, usually spends the majority of its marketing budget on press ads.
The sponsorship was negotiated by Vizeum, which won the account for Invisalign’s parent group Align Technology in 2007.
Jamie Morley, general manager UK & Ireland for Align Technology, said: "This is the first broadcast sponsorship for our brand in the UK and 'The Bachelor' is the ideal vehicle to position Invisalign to our core young, female audience."
'The Bachelor' starts at 10pm this evening, straight after 'Big Brother'.
Agostino Di Falco, partnerships director at Channel 5, said: "We scheduled 'The Bachelor' to build on the inherited 'Big Brother' audience, making it a really dominant strand for Channel 5 against young women.
"In concentrating their broadcast budget with Northern and Shell, Invisalign have seen the opportunity to focus for effect."
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager, Senior Account Manager, Account Director level! MORE Freelance at MODA consult!! MODA consult Amazing day rates! Some of the best in London. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- WEB DEVELOPER (HTML, CSS, PHP, Wordpress, jQuery) Creative Recruitment £23000 - £27000 per annum, City of London
- Account Director - Digital, leadership role, £55k + excellent benefits MODA consult Up to £55k + excellent benefits and career development, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Integrated Agency ADLIB up to £26k, Bristol
- Account Manager / Senior Account Manager - £30k to £35k, leading creative agency in Central London MODA consult £30k - £35k, plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- Gogglebox stars encourage viewers to vote
- Twitter hunts for UK marketer as it targets £180m ad revenues