Founder Mark Cridge to exit Glue and Aegis Isobar network
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 29 June 2012 01:19PM
Mark Cridge, the global managing director of Aegis Media's Isobar network and founder of Glue, has decided not to return to the business following a six-month sabbatical.
Cridge was due to return to the business this July, having worked for the Green Party during his time off from the company. It is unknown whether he has a job to go to or whether he will be replaced.
Cridge founded Glue in 1999 and worked as chief executive of the business, before taking moving to the role of global managing director in May 2010. The digital agency was bought by Aegis Group in 2005 for £14.7m and was rebranded under the Isobar network in 2010.
Last year, Cridge was inducted into Brand Republic's inaugural 'Hall of Fame' after being voted for by industry peers and rivals as a leader who has made an outstanding contribution to advertising, marketing and communications over the past decade.
In Cridge's last profile as leader of Glue Isobar, Jason Goodman, chief executive and founder of rival Albion, admitted his worry was the industry "would lose him", believing the 39-year-old was "far too young to be put out to pasture just yet in a global network role".
Cridge's exit has not yet been confirmed by Aegis.
Follow Sarah Shearman on Twitter @Shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Digital / Fabulous Agency - £30k Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £30k, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager [Surrey] - to £36k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £36k, SW London
- Senior Digital Project Manager Purple Consultancy £50000 - £65000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Category Analyst Jarlett de Grouchy £28000.00 - £38000.00 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, Surrey
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- Models strip in River Island's first TV campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents