Heineken paints pubs green for London 2012
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 02 July 2012 09:06AM
Heineken is painting 150 London pubs green this week as part of its sponsorship of the London 2012 Olympics.
The Dutch brewer will kit out the London pubs with banners, posters, beer taps and Olympic-branded glassware, while staff will be kitted out in Heineken-green uniforms.
Heineken is the official lager supplier and sponsor of London 2012. It is a tier three sponsor with exclusive pouring rights for its beer and cider brands at Olympic venues.
Ahead of the start of the Olympics, Heineken is taking over Alexander Palace in North London, which will host the Dutch Olympic Committee during the Games. The site will be called Holland Heineken House.
As part of its sponsorship, Heineken is running a "text to win" competition, offering customers the chance to win tickets to Olympic parties.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Search / Biddable Exec - Full-Service Agency Silverdrum up to £30,000 + benefits, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum , South East England
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
Agency: McCann Erickson
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad