Adidas athletes #takethestage in its biggest-ever marketing push
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 02 July 2012 11:38AM
Adidas has unveiled the next phase of its Olympic 'Take the stage' campaign, which will focus on Team GB athletes and is being billed as the brand's biggest-ever marketing spend.
The campaign, created by Sid Lee, launches today (July 2) and features TV and outdoor ads.
It is being supported by a large-scale digital output across a dedicated site, www.adidas.com/all2012, Facebook and Twitter, using the handle @adidasUK, with a dedicated hashtag #takethestage, which will run for the next six weeks.
Adidas, the official sportswear partner for Team GB and an official Olympic sponsor, uses Olympic UK athletes Jessica Ennis, Tom Daley, Louis Smith and Phillips Idowu in the TV creative, each narrating their own ad.
Athletes Pete Reed, Laura Trott and Olympic footballers feature in the digital activity.
The creative uses footage of the sports stars and monologues by the athletes, describing their personal journeys and their pride at taking the world stage in London this year.
Nick Craggs, marketing director, Adidas UK, said: "It is time for the Adidas brand to 'Take the Stage' and the plan we have in place for Games time will ensure that, not only are we highly visible as a brand, we also connect with all audiences with a unique campaign that showcases our sponsorship of both Team GB and the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
"Working closely with Team GB athletes we gain a unique insight into the highs and lows of their personal development and we wanted to try to capture and share these emotional journeys."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @loullamae_es
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Sales Manager - Exhibitions - Indonesia tfconnect global recruitment £30,000, Jakarta
- account manager collectivo Up to £32,000 + benefits, London (Greater)
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media