Eden and Phones4U secure C4 film deal
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 02 July 2012 03:02PM
Eden, the joint venture from The7stars and Adam and Eve, has brokered a seven-figure sponsorship deal for independent mobile phone retailer, Phones4U.
The campaign will run for eight months and cover all films on E4, films at 7pm on Film4 and Channel 4 films from 5.30pm.
Caspar Nelson, head of band communications at Phones4U, said: "This is a major campaign for Phones4U and Eden has answered our brief perfectly.
"While sponsorship of TV shows has worked well for us in the past, we felt it was now time to increase our profile among a wider audience and we're confident this campaign will help us achieve this aim."
Rhiannon Murphy, head of TV at the7stars, said: "Phones4U has always been a heavy supporter of sponsorship, but this is the biggest project the brand has undertaken so far.
Murphy said: "Films on Channel 4 felt like the natural progression from the sponsorship of TV shows like 'Hollyoaks' and 'Harry Hill' – it offers a superior viewing experience and fits perfectly in with Phones4U's commercial strategy."
Follow Nick Batten on Twitter @NickBatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! to £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Digital Project Manager - International Ad agency £30-35K Source £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Senior Digital Project Manager Source £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Brand Development Consultant x 2 Rare Selection Up to £48000 + benefits, London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni