Dixons dumps Star Wars for animated campaign
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 03 July 2012 08:52AM
Dixons Retail is dumping its Star Wars-themed creative for an animated, seven-figure campaign, which highlights the expertise of its staff at Currys and PC World.
The campaign features an animated staff member helping a customer to navigate their way through an overwhelming choice of televisions.
The creative ends with a reference to Dixons' after-sales service brand Knowhow and explains customers can also get expert help in set-up and installation.
The 40-second advert by M&C Saatchi breaks tomorrow (4 July) during 'Coronation Street' on ITV and will run for three weeks.
The television spot will be supported by print, video-on-demand and digital display activity.
Dixons move to an animated style follows on from it launching a high profile ad campaign in November starring 'Star Wars' villain Darth Vader.
The campaign came after Volkswagen's hugely popular Super Bowl commercial that launched early last year and starred a little boy dressed up as Darth Vader.
Vodafone has also jumped on the 'Star Wars' bandwagon with its advertising by introducing Yoda into its advertising to teach customers how they can get the most out of their mobile internet.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - Creative Agency - Central London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000-£38000, Central London
- Account Director Twist Recruitment £45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum, City of London
- Account Director Stopgap £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Account Manager collectivo Up to £32,000 + benefits, London (Greater)