Betfred makes debut move into branded content
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 03 July 2012 10:55AM
Betfred is making it first foray into branded content, which will involve the online sports betting company featuring in the social football game 'I AM PLAYR'.
'I AM PLAYR' is a football video game, developed by We R Interactive, which is available to play on Facebook. The game is thought to have more than one million active users.
As part of the commercial tie-up between Betfred and We R Interactive, the game will highlight Betfred's sponsorship of horse racing, along with its sponsorship of the World Snooker Championships.
From 18 August, Betfred.com will appear in 'I AM PLAYR' via a virtual in-game betting shop, which uses real-life Premier League football betting fixtures and allows players to bet using their in-game cash.
Betfred has made a number of moves into sport sponsorship. It is a sponsor of both Haydock Park and Kempton Park racecourses, along with Nottingham Greyhound Stadium.
The company is also a betting partner of Wembley National Stadium.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Data Analyst Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Lead Data Planning Consultant Direct Recruitment £85,000 - £100,000, London
- Senior Data Planner Direct Recruitment £55,000, East London
- Senior CRM & Insight Analyst Direct Recruitment £75,000 +, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- Partners Andrews Aldridge restructures creative with hires and promotions
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition