Betfred makes debut move into branded content
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 03 July 2012 10:55AM
Betfred is making it first foray into branded content, which will involve the online sports betting company featuring in the social football game 'I AM PLAYR'.
'I AM PLAYR' is a football video game, developed by We R Interactive, which is available to play on Facebook. The game is thought to have more than one million active users.
As part of the commercial tie-up between Betfred and We R Interactive, the game will highlight Betfred's sponsorship of horse racing, along with its sponsorship of the World Snooker Championships.
From 18 August, Betfred.com will appear in 'I AM PLAYR' via a virtual in-game betting shop, which uses real-life Premier League football betting fixtures and allows players to bet using their in-game cash.
Betfred has made a number of moves into sport sponsorship. It is a sponsor of both Haydock Park and Kempton Park racecourses, along with Nottingham Greyhound Stadium.
The company is also a betting partner of Wembley National Stadium.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Senior Account Manager Gemini Search £32000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Freelance Creative Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £350 per annum, London
- Senior Interior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Presentation Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood