Betfred makes debut move into branded content
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 03 July 2012 10:55AM
Betfred is making it first foray into branded content, which will involve the online sports betting company featuring in the social football game 'I AM PLAYR'.
'I AM PLAYR' is a football video game, developed by We R Interactive, which is available to play on Facebook. The game is thought to have more than one million active users.
As part of the commercial tie-up between Betfred and We R Interactive, the game will highlight Betfred's sponsorship of horse racing, along with its sponsorship of the World Snooker Championships.
From 18 August, Betfred.com will appear in 'I AM PLAYR' via a virtual in-game betting shop, which uses real-life Premier League football betting fixtures and allows players to bet using their in-game cash.
Betfred has made a number of moves into sport sponsorship. It is a sponsor of both Haydock Park and Kempton Park racecourses, along with Nottingham Greyhound Stadium.
The company is also a betting partner of Wembley National Stadium.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Senior Designer Purple Consultancy £250 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Graphic Designer Ninesharp £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Sussex
- Head of PR, Luxury Travel, Surrey, £60-65k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £60000 - £65000 per annum, London (Greater) / Surrey
- Lead Promotions Manager Three £Competitive + 20% bonus + benefits, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup