Betfred makes debut move into branded content
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 03 July 2012 10:55AM
Betfred is making it first foray into branded content, which will involve the online sports betting company featuring in the social football game 'I AM PLAYR'.
'I AM PLAYR' is a football video game, developed by We R Interactive, which is available to play on Facebook. The game is thought to have more than one million active users.
As part of the commercial tie-up between Betfred and We R Interactive, the game will highlight Betfred's sponsorship of horse racing, along with its sponsorship of the World Snooker Championships.
From 18 August, Betfred.com will appear in 'I AM PLAYR' via a virtual in-game betting shop, which uses real-life Premier League football betting fixtures and allows players to bet using their in-game cash.
Betfred has made a number of moves into sport sponsorship. It is a sponsor of both Haydock Park and Kempton Park racecourses, along with Nottingham Greyhound Stadium.
The company is also a betting partner of Wembley National Stadium.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager: Global Packaging Branding Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £38000 - £42000 per annum, London
- Business Director Major Players £75000 - £78000 per annum, London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch